Invites applications for unmarried Male Candidates for enrolment as Sailors for Artificer Apprentice (AA) – 128 batch
Course commencing 02nd August, 2010
Applications invited from unmarried Male Indian Citizen
Educational Qualification. Qualified on in 10+2/ equivalent examination with 55% or more marks in aggregate with Maths & Physics and atleast one of these subjects; Chemistry/ Biology/ Computer science.
Age: Candidates should have been born between: 01 Aug 1990 to 31 Jul 1993 (Both dates inclusive)
Selection of recruits is based on the order of merit on their performance in Written Test Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and fitness in the Medical Examinations.
• The question paper will be bilingual (Hindi & English) and of objective type.
• The question paper will comprise of four sections i.e. English, Science, Mathematics and General Knowledge.
• The standard of the question paper will be that of 10+2 and the syllabus for the examination is also available on internet site www.nausena-bharti.nic.in .
• Duration of question paper will be of one hour.
• The candidates are required to pass in all sections and in aggregate.
Physical Fitness Test (PFT):
Qualifying in Physical Fitness Test is mandatory for selection.
PFT will consist of 1.6 Km run to be completed in 7 minutes, 25 squat ups (Uthak Baithak) and 10 Push-ups. Candidates undergoing PFT will do so at their own risk.
• Medical examination will be conducted by authorised military doctors as per medical standard prescribed in current regulations applicable to sailors on entry.
• Minimum height 157 cms. Weight and Chest should be proportionate.
Minimum Chest expansion of 5 cms.
Good mental, medical and physical health free from any disease / disability, likely to interfere with efficient performance of duties. Colour perception: CP II.
• No Cardio-vascular disease, surgical deformities like knock knee, flat feet etc. infection of ears, no history of fits or psychiatric ailment, varicose vein, corrective surgery for eye sight etc.
• Medical standard should be as per the detailed guidelines issued by IHQ MoD (Navy) in NO (Spl) 01/2008.
• Candidates are advised to get their ears cleaned for wax and tartar removed from teeth prior to examination.
With out Glasses: 6/12
With Glasses: 6/9 (Better Eye) ; 6/12 (Worse Eye)
• The applications are to be downloaded from interNet site www.nausena-bharti.nic.in . The selection procedure is as follows:
• Application will be received only through ORDINARY POST. Application received through speed post / registered post or couriers will be rejected.
• Short-listing criteria will be on higher education and percentage of marks.
• Call up letters for eligible short listed candidates will be posted, indicating date, time and place for recruitment tests, which are scheduled during March to May 2010. The shortlistedcandidates can also downloaded their Call Letter from internet site from 26 Feb 2010.
• All original certificates, mark sheets are to be produced at the time of written examination.
• Results of the Written Test will be announced on the same day and those who qualify Written test will undergo PFT and Recruitment Medical Examination(Preliminary), which may take 1-2 days.
• Candidates declared Temporary Medically Unfit in the recruitment medical could avail specialist review from the specified Military Hospital within a maximum period of 21 days. No further review/ appeal is permissible if declared unfit In the specialist review.
• Candidates declared Permanent Medically unfit in the recruitment medical can appeal for specialist opinion in a Military Hospital on payment of Rs 40/- by Military Receivable Order (MRO) on Government Treasury within 21 days.
Medical fitness certificate other than that of the specialist opinion in a Military Hospital will not be considered. No further review / appeal is permissible.
• The candidates who qualify in all respects will be short listed depending upon the vacancies. The candidate will be selected on all India merit basis. The centre wise select list ofcandidates (depending upon the numbers to be inducted) will be displayed at the respective Recruitment Centres on 29 June 2010. All candidates whose names appear in the Select list and have been declared medically fit in the Recruitment Medical would be required to report to INS Chilka. However, enrolment will be subject to Fitness in Enrolment Medical at INS Chilka.
• The candidate’s selection pertaining to a particular batch is valid for that batch only. Qualified candidates whose names do not appear in the final select list cannot claim admission for the next batch. These candidates will have to undergo the selection procedure afresh provided that they meet the eligibility criteria for the fresh batch.
• Call letter for Final Medical examination will be forwarded only to medically qualified candidates in the select list. Unsuccessful candidates will not be intimated separately.
• All select listed candidates will also be forwarded Police Verification form alongwith the Call letter for final medical examination. The candidates will be required to submit the same to INS Chilka after getting their antecedents verified on this form from the concerned district police authorities.Candidates without the verified police verification reports will not be eligible for enrolment. The format for the police verification form can also be downloaded from theinternet site given immediately after the declaration of select list, to ensure timely verification.
• No enquiry will be entertained regarding recruitment / enrolment alter a period of six months.
How to apply
(a) Application Form: The application is to be submitted on A4 size paper with one photocopy exactly as per the sample application which also available oninternet site www.nausena-bharati.nic.in. Candidates forwarding application on any other format and candidates who send more than one application for the same entry will be rejected.
(b) Envelops: The type of entry, choice of centre and percentage of marks in 10+2 board examination is to be clearly written on top of the envelope containing the application. Envelopes should be of White colour.
(c) List of Documents: The documents mentioned in the application form are to be punched and tied firmly with a strong thread to the application.
(d) Photographs: Candidates are required to submit one additional recent coloured passport size photograph along with the application with their name and signature on the reverse of the photograph. THE BACKGROUND OF THE PHOTOGRAPH SHOULD BE BLUE. Application received without photographs or not in the specified format will be rejected. Computer generated / digital photographs will not be accepted.
Last date for receipt of form: 5th January, 2010
For candidates for North East, J & K, Andaman & Nicobar, Lakshadweep and Minicoy Islands – 12th January, 2010