Bank PO Exam Paper General Knowledge Question Answers (Part 1)
On April 24, 1865, a group of Europeans founded the Allahabad bank, making it the oldest Joint Stock bank in India. Having its head-quarters in Kolkata, Allahabad Bank today boasts of nearly 2500 branches across the country. After many landmark mergers and acqisitions with other financial organisations and the Govbernement, in October, 2002, the bank came out with a Initial Public Offer (IPO), which reduced the Government's shareholding to 71%.A second public offering in April, 2005, further reduced the Government shareholding to 55%. In June, 2006, the bank opened a representative office at Shenzen, China, its first office outside India. Furthering the growth, in February, 2007, Allahabad Bank opened its first overseas branch, in Hong Kong. The very next month, i.e March 2007 the Bank’s business crossed the Rs.1,00,000 crores mark.
Amongst the many unique products and features facilitated by Allahabad bank to its customers , the most recent ones include the products named Rs. 5 Banking : 'AllBank No-Frills SB A/C' in which a savings account can be opened with a minimum initial deposits of Rs.5/- and maintained at the minimum balance of the same amount.
Some of the different kinds of special Deposit products made available at the Allahabad Bank are:
1. AllBank Shishu mangal deposit Scheme
2. Allbank Tax Benefit Term Deposit Scheme
3. Allbank Mahila Sanchay Account
4. Allbak Vikash SB account
Other than these numerous specialized Loan schemes are made available in Allahabd bank for Professionals like doctors, for students, for pensioners, home loans, furnishing loans, loans for buying Gold etc. One of socio-reforming products is the Kishan Shakti Yojana and the very unique Kisan Credit-cum-Shakti Card which is made available at very reasonable interest rates to Joint Liability Groups formed by farmers having agricultural land, Pattaholders (i.e. land allotees) and Tenants Farmers.
Along with several Bima Yojana schemes catering to different needs of its customers the Allahabd Bank with over 45 zonal offices seriving to every banking need of people across the country , has emerged out to be one of the top performing banks in India.
General Knowledge Question Answers For Bank PO Exams (Part 1)
1.Who is the new Prime Minister of Hungry ?
(A) Victor Orban
(B) Gorden Bajnai
(C) Jeno Fock
(D) Ference Gyurcsany
Answer: Gorden Bajnai
2.Who is the new prime minister of Denmark ?
(A) Anders Fogh Rasmussen
(B) Lars Looke Rasmussen
(C) Poul Nyrup Rasmussen
(D) Poul Hartling
Answer: Lars Looke Rasmussen
3.Who is the Author of the book “My China Diary”
Answer: Natwar Singh
4.Umrao Singh has passed away recently .Which of the following field was he associated with ?
5.Vidya Pillai is related to which sport ?
6.Who has become the first Indian to win two medal in a Shooting World Cup?
(A) Gagan Narang
(B) Sanjeev Bindra
(C) Abhinav Bindra
(D) Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore
Answer: Gagan Narang
7.Which country has launched a navigational Satellite?
(A) South Korea
(B) North Korea
8.Where will be held the Final of the Cricket World Cup 2011?
9.When is the Commonwealth Day celebrated?
(A) May 1
(B) May 3
(C) May 15
(D) May 24
Answer: May 15
10.What is the full form of PTC ?
(A) Public Transport Certificate
(B) Pubic Telecommunications Council
(C) Products Through Consumer
(D) Pass Through Certificate
Answer: Pass Through Certificate
General Knowledge Question Answers For Bank PO Exams (Part 2)
1. The Baikonur Cosmodrome is the world’s first and largest operational space launch facility. In which country is it located?
2. The International Hockey Federation has decided to allot the next Hockey World Cup in 2010 to India. In which year Hockey World Cup tournament started?
3. Which among the following clubs has won the Spanish league title for the first time in three years on May 17, 2009?
(B) Inter Millan
(C) Real Madrid
(D) Manchester United
4. Recently Suranjoy Singh of India sizzled with a Gold on the concluding day of the European Grand Prix boxing as India finished their campaign with four medals. This contest held in ?
(A) Czech Republic.
5. Recently 12-member Sikkim Cabinet was sworn in and Pavan Kumar Chamling becomes CM for the ________?
(A) 2nd time
(B) 3rd time
(C) 4th time
(D) 5th time
6. Who among the following has been nominated to become the U.S. Attorney for Southern District of New York, by US President Barack Obama?
(A) Preet Bharara
(B) Suresh Modi
(C) Rajiv Khurana
(D) Suresh Kalmadi
7. The government formed the panel after many ex-servicemen returned their medals to protest the rejection of their ‘one rank one pension’ demand. Who is heading this panel ?
(A) K.M. Chandrasekhar
(B) R Balakrishanan
(C) B S Padmanabham
(D) T. Raja Shekhar
8. Recently India’s Jayanta Talukdar, Rahul Banerjee and Mangal Singh Champia, earned India a gold medal in the recurve team event of the archery World Cup Stage I. In which country this event held?
(D) Czech Republic.
9. Recently Madhu Kannan has joined as managing director & chief executive officer (CEO) of which exchange?
(A) Bombay Stock Exchange
(B) National Stock Exchange
(C) Delhi Stock exchange
(D) None of these
10. Who has won his maiden International Tennis Federation (ITF) title at Delhi Lawn Tennis Association on April 25, 2009?
(A) Yuki Bhambari
(B) Vishnu Vardhan
(C) Leander Paes
(D) Mahesh Bhupti
11. What is the name of the first setellite launched by Iran on Feb 3, 2009 ?
12. Recently Indian Navy commissioned INS Airavat. Which among the following terms precisely describes INS Airavat?
(A) Landing Ship Tank
(B) Waterjet Propelled Fast Attack Craft
(C) Guided Missile Frigate
(D) GPS Craft
13. People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) recently has entered the Limca Book of Records as the largest animal rights organisation. (May 11, 2009). In which year PETA began ?
14. ‘Open Market Operation ‘ is a part of
(A) Income Policy
(B) Fiscal Policy
(C) Credit Policy
(D) Labour Policy
15. SDR, the curency of the IMF , is in the form of
(A) Paper Currency
(C) Silver and Gold both
(D) Book keeping entry only
General Knowledge Questions Answers For Bank PO Exams
Bank PO Exam General Knowledge Question Answers (Part 1) Download Bank PO Exam General Knowledge Question Paper Download