Challan available from: 16/07/2010
Submission of On-line application commencing on: 16/07/2010
Last date for submission of On-line application: 05/08/2010
Payment of Application Fee (Other than SC/ST/PWD/EXS): 16/07/2010 – 05/08/2010
Relevant Date for Age, Qualification & Eligibility: 30/06/2010
Tentative Date of Written Examination: 26/09/2010[ SUNDAY ]
Eligibility for Bank of India Clerical Jobs 2010
Nationality/citizenship: A candidate must be either (i) a citizen of India or (ii) a subject of Nepal or (iii) a subject of Bhutan or (iv) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or (v) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India. Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) or (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the govt of India. A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary may be admitted to the examination/interview conducted by the bank but on final selection the offer of appointment may be given only after the necessary eligibility certificates have been issued to him by the govt of India
Minimum age : 18 years &
Maximum age: 28 years
(Applicant’s Date of Birth should not be prior to 01/07/1982 & after 30/06/1992. Also refer Para ‘4’ for relaxation of age.
Relaxation for SC/ST/XS/PD candidates: As per govt guidelines in the matter
* The candidate should possess the following qualifications as on 30.06.2010. Pass with 50% marks in the aggregate, either in the Higher Secondary School (HSC) Examination or Standard XII under the 10+2+3 pattern or Standard XI under the 11+4 pattern or its equivalent of recognized Educational Board, acceptable to the Bank.or
a degree from UGC recognized University (Graduation level) Ex-servicemen who do not possess the above Civil Examination qualifications should have passed, while serving in the Armed forces, with a minimum of 50% marks, in any of the following examinations recognized by the Government as equivalent of the Civil Examination of HSC viz., (i) IAF Educational Test for promotion to the Rank of Corporal (ii) Passing Out (Indian Navy) Examination conducted by Boys Training Establishment, Visakhapatnam (iii) A matriculate Ex-Servicemen candidate, who have obtained the Indian Army Special Certificate of Education or corresponding Certificate in the Navy or the Air Force after having completed not less than 15 years of service in Armed Forces of the Union are also eligible to apply.
* Candidates’ having completed Foundation Course on Computer Awareness & Office Automation for duration of minimum 3 months from a Computer Institute, is desirable. The requirement of having completed the said Course will be waived in case of those candidates having Computer subject as part of the curriculum at the Pre- Degree / Degree level.
* Knowledge of Regional Language of a particular State / Union Territory for which candidate apply, is essential.
* The Educational Qualifications prescribed above for the post is the minimum. Candidates must possess the qualifications as on 30/06/2010.
If selected for interview candidate should submit :
(a) HSC Passing Certificate and
(b) University FINAL DEGREE Passing (CONVOCATION) Certificate. (Provisional Degree Passing Certificate will be accepted only in case of those candidates who have passed the Degree Final Examination during the last 1 year, i.e. between 01/07/2009 and 30/06/2010 and the University has not conferred the Degree on the applicant – Degree Certificates is also required to grant additional increment / fitment, if eligible)&
(2) Year-wise / Semester-wise Mark sheet for each year / semester in
respect of the Degree Examinations from the educational institution they have studied, and
Computer Course Passing Certificate from a Computer Training
Institute in support of having completed the Foundation Course in Computer Awareness.
(6) The Percentage of Marks stipulated for the Educational Qualification is for General (Unreserved) Category Candidates. Candidates belonging to the Reserved Category (SC / ST / OBC / PWD), filling in vacancies reserved for the relevant category, will be entitled to a relaxation of 5% Marks in relation to that stipulated for General Category Candidates. Candidates belonging to SC / ST / OBC / PWD categories filling in “unreserved” vacancies will not be entitled to the above referred relaxation.
Note: The percentage of marks in 12th Standard shall be arrived at by dividing the marks obtained by the candidate in all the subjects by aggregate maximum marks of all the subjects irrespective of optional / additional subjects studied.
The final selection will be made on the basis of the candidate’s performance in Written objective test of 300 marks and Personal Interview of 100 Marks. In order to qualify for interview the candidate is required to obtain minimum 40 % marks in each objective test (35% marks for Reserved Category) and 50% marks in all the Objective Tests taken together. (45% marks for Reserved Category).
Depending on the number of vacancies, only those candidates who have secured the minimum qualifying marks stipulated for Written Test and rank sufficiently high in the order of merit in the Written Test shall be called for a Personal interview in the ratio of 1:3. Mere passing in the Written Test shall not vest any right in a candidate for being called for Personal Interview.
How to Apply for Bank of India Clerical Recruitment 2010
+ Candidate should have a valid e-mail id.
+ The candidate should apply on-line through website www.bankofindia.co.in
+ As a First Step, candidate should take out Pre-printed Challan. Click here for
Pre-printed Challan (other than for SC/ST/PWD/EXS)
(iv) Against the above-said Challan, the candidate should make the payment of fees in any of the Bank of India branches on or before 05.08.2010 (A/c. No. 012221110000003).
(v) Once the payment of fees is made, the concerned branch will give him a Unique Transaction Code No.
* Candidate should visit again to our website www.bankofindia.co.in under the caption “Recruitment & Career” and should fill up the application available after Click at the end of the Notice.
* Unique Transaction I.D. No. should be correctly filled in application at appropriate place (This will not be applicable for SC / ST / PWD & Ex-Servicemen Candidates,).
* Application should be saved and after verification submitted by click to submit button.
* Application should be printed and photo affixed on that, to be kept ready for submission to us at the time of interview at the Interview Venue.
* You should note / remember your password for future reference and use.
* Please note that the above procedure is the only procedure for applying. No other mode of application or incomplete application would be accepted and in such case, the application would be rejected outright.
* In case of more than one application by the same candidate, application submitted last, will be taken as authentic / conclusive (all other applications will be treated as null and void).
* The candidate should apply on-line through website www.bankofindia.co.in only. No other mode of application will be accepted. Provision has been made to generate a challan for payment of application fees. The candidate should make payment of application fees in any branch of Bank of India by such computer-generated challan only and take acknowledgement on the counterfoil alongwith Transaction I.D. While filling the application the candidate should enter name of the branch and date of payment, transaction I.D. Upon submission of application the candidate should take a printout. The applicant should sign and affix his photograph on such printout of application.
* There is provision to modify the submitted on-line application. Candidates are requested to make use of this facility to correct the details in on-line application, if any. This Modification facility shall be available after 2 days of registration & up to 07.08.2010. Modification will be allowed only 3 times. After the last date i.e. 07.08.2010, no modification will be permitted.
* Even if the last date of registration is changed due to technical reasons, the valid dates for payment of application fee / postal charges will not be changed. Payment of fee by Demand Draft / Cheque / Money Orders / Postal Orders etc will not be accepted. After registration the application printout need not be sent to the Bank. The said application alongwith challan and copies of required documents mentioned below should be kept ready for submission at the time of interview.
* Documents to be submitted at the time of interview:
* Print out of application with photograph affixed on it
* Copy of receipted challan for other than SC/ST/PWD/EXS.
* Attested copy of School leaving certificate or any other document showing proof of age acceptable to the Bank.
* Attested copies of Mark sheets / certificates in support of Educational Qualification;
* Attested copy of certificate of Computer Course;
* Caste / Physically handicapped / any other related certificate as applicable.
If selected for interview, candidates serving in Government / Public Sector Undertakings (including Banks & Financial Institutions) will be required to submit their applications accompanied by a “No Objection Certificate” from their employer, in the absence of which their candidature will not be considered. Candidate should take care to apply for such NOC before applying on line for recruitment.
It is for the candidate to ensure that he / she has met with the eligibility criteria and complied with the requirements and adhered to the instructions contained in this advertisement as well as in the application form. Candidates are, therefore, urged to carefully read the advertisement and complete the application form and submit the same as per instructions given in this regard.