Delhi Electricity Regulatory Commission (DERC) Secretary Vacancy
Pay Band – 4 Rs.37400-67000 with Grade Pay Rs.10,000/-
Group - A 01 Anticipated October, 2010
1) Graduate degree from a recognised University.
2) Officers holding analogous Posts on regular basis OR With 2 years regular service in the pay scale of Rs.16400-
20000 (pre-revised) OR equivalent OR With 3 years regular service in the pay scale of Rs.14300-18300
(pre-revised) OR equivalent OR With 20 years of regular services in Central / State/UT Civil service out of
which minimum 10 years in the pay scale of Rs. 12000-16500 (prerevised) Experience of working in
Regulatory agency /Local Bodies will be preferred.
1. The mode of appointment for the post is deputation from Central/State/UT Government Departments,
Statutory/Autonomous/ Constitutional/Cooperative/Local Govt. Bodies and Public Sector Undertakings,
Corporations etc. under administrative control of Central/State/UT Governments.
2. The Commission reserves the right not to fill the above mentioned vacancy. The Commission can also consider
granting extension in the deputation term of the existing incumbent of the anticipated vacancy given above. In
the case of any such eventuality, no action on the applications received against the anticipated vacancy shall
be taken by the Commission and the advertisement of such vacancy shall be treated as withdrawn.
3. The Pay & Allowances and other terms and conditions of appointments on deputation basis will be regulated in
accordance with the instructions contained in the Department of Personnel & Training OM NO. 2/29/91-Estt.(Pay-
II) dated 05.01.1994, as amended from time to time, which includes Basic pay, Dearness allowance, HRA,
Transport allowance, Children education assistance, reimbursement of residential newspaper/magazines
/telephone/internet. All DERC employees shall be covered under DERC (Medical Attendance) Regulations, 2003
which provides flexible medical reimbursement scheme. The Human Resources Regulations and the Medical
Attendance Regulations can be seen at the Commission’s Website. The employee appointed on deputation
recruitment basis is also eligible for the leased accommodation/ self lease within the ceiling prescribed by the
4. The maximum age limit for deputation shall be 56 years.
5. The crucial date for determining eligibility criteria/age limit would be the last day of the month in which the
anticipated vacancy is likely to arise.
6. For fulfilling the eligibility criteria of the post, regular service of certain years in various pay scales has been
prescribed as essential qualification. The pay scale shown in the eligibility criteria are Central Dearness
Allowance pattern pay scales applicable w.e.f. 1.1.1996 and the eligibility of candidates shall be accordingly
determined with reference to these pay scales. The eligibility of such candidates who are working in Public
Sector Undertakings or other Govt. Organizations where Industrial/Variable Dearness Allowance pattern is
applicable shall be determined by equating their IDA/VDA pattern Pay scale with the requisite CDA pattern Pay
scales of eligibility in the following manner:
Central DA pay scale = Industrial/Variable DA pay scale
Minimum of requisite Pay Band +
Grade pay + Applicable Central
Dearness Allowance on Pay
Minimum of Pay scale held by the
candidate + Dearness pay, if
any + Applicable Industrial /Variable
Further, only those applicants who hold the post as well as the pay scale of that post on substantive basis shall
be considered eligible for appointment. The Commission may, however, in most deserving cases consider
relaxation in the eligibility criteria in public interest.
7. The application in the given format is to be submitted to Secretary, Delhi Electricity Regulatory Commission at
the given address on or before 12.08.2010. The covering envelope must mention the name of the post applied.
8. Applicants in Central/State/UT Government service or in the service of Autonomous/Statutory Body/ PSUs/
Corporations etc. should apply through proper channel only. The applications of such applicants should be
forwarded with attested copies of Annual Confidential Reports of last five years and Vigilance clearance
9. The incomplete application or application submitted in a different format is liable to be summarily rejected.
For details visit www.derc.gov.in