RECRUITMENT OF SPECIALIST OFFICERS
APPLICATION FEE & POSTAL CHARGES (NON REFUNDABLE)
SC / ST / PWD: 50/- [Postage only]
All Others : 300/-
PROCEDURE FOR MAKING PAYMENT OF APPLICATION FEE / POSTAL CHARGES:
Kindly check the eligibility for the post, before paying the fees.
The application fee / postal charges can be paid by Directly crediting the amount in any of the Canara Bank Branch.
The procedure for payment of fee is mentioned below;
Take print-out of the Payment Challan from website [Click here to download the Payment Challan]
Fill the particulars viz, Name, Date of Birth, Contact Phone No., Category, Post Applied for, Post Code, Amount deposited, Depositing Branch Name & City
Submit the Fee Payment Challan & amount in any Canara Bank Branch
Collect the candidate's copy of Fee Payment Challan from the Branch. Please check that challan is properly signed & the details of Transaction Sequence No., Branch Name & DP Code Number, Deposit Date are noted in the challan by the Branch Authorities.
Log on to bank website www.canarabank.com for applying on-line.
After on-line registration, candidates are requested to write their Registration Number on the back of the Payment Challan.
The application fee / postal charges should be paid during the following dates;
From: 25.08.2010 To: 20.09.2010
Even if the last date of registration changes due to technical reasons, the valid dates for payment of application fee / postal charges will not be changed.
Payment of fee by Demand Draft / Cheque / Money Orders / Postal Orders etc will not be accepted and such applications will be summarily rejected.
The selection for the posts is as mentioned below;
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 12 & 16
Shortlisting and Interview
8, 9, 10, 11, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 20 & 21
Written Test and / or Interview
For Post Codes – 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 12 & 16:
The selection for these posts shall be on the basis of shortlisting and performance in the interview.
Mere satisfying the eligibility norms does not imply that the Bank is satisfied beyond doubt about the candidates’ eligibility and shall not vest any right in a candidate for being called for interview. The Bank reserves the right to call only the requisite number of candidates for interview after preliminary screening / shortlisting with reference to the candidate’s qualification, experience, suitability.
Maximum marks for Interview is 100 and the final selection shall be on the basis of performance in Interview only.
For Post Codes – 8, 9, 10, 11, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 20 & 21:
The selection for these posts shall be on the basis of written test and / or interview.
The test may be conducted On-line / Off-line. The written test shall consist of Objective Test & Descriptive Test. The details of test are as follows;
Test of Reasoning
Test of General Awareness
Test of English
On Specialisation Subject
*If the test is conducted ON-LINE, the test on specialisation subject will be objective.
There will be negative marks for wrong answers in Objective Test. Bank will decide the minimum cut-off marks for each subject as well as Total Weighted Score [TWS]. Depending on the number of vacancies, such of those candidates who rank sufficiently high in the order of merit in the written test as per the cut off marks decided by the Bank will only be called for interview.
Mere eligibility / admission to the test / pass in the test does not imply that the Bank is satisfied beyond doubt about the candidates’ eligibility and shall not vest any right in a candidate for being called for interview. The Bank reserves the right to call only the requisite number of candidates for interview.
Other details regarding the test will be given to the candidates in the “Acquaint Yourself Booklet”, which will be sent along with the call letter for written examination.
Maximum marks for Interview is 100 and the final selection shall be on the basis of marks secured by the candidate in Test and / or Interview, as decided by the Bank.
General [for all posts]:
The Bank reserves the right to change the selection procedure, if necessary. The change, if any, shall be communicated to the candidates in advance.
The Bank would be free to reject the candidature of any candidate at any stage of the recruitment process, if he / she is found to be ineligible. If appointed, such a candidate may be summarily removed and the fees paid by the ineligible candidates shall be forfeited.
DATE OF WRITTEN TEST:
The written test is tentatively fixed on 12.12.2010 at the following Centres. The exact venue address of the test will be intimated in the Test Call Letter.
However, the Bank reserves its right to change the date of written test, to add/cancel the test Centres and to call the candidates for the test at any other Centre at its discretion, under unforeseen circumstances, if any. The Bank also reserves the right to allot the candidate to any centre other than the one he/she has opted for. The Candidates have to appear for the written test at the allotted Centres at their own expenses. No request for change of Centre will be entertained. The centres mentioned above are for written test only. The Bank will inform the candidates about the date, time & venue for the interviews separately.
PROBATIONARY PERIOD & BOND AMOUNT:
# CALL LETTERS:
All the communications viz, call letters for test / interview etc., will be sent to the address for communication given by the candidate in the application form by ordinary post only. Request for sending to different addresses subsequently will not be entertained.
A. WRITTEN TEST CALL LETTERS:
The call letters for attending the written test shall be sent to the eligible candidates by ordinary post. Candidate has to affix his / her photograph on the call letter. Candidate has to bring this call letter while attending the written test.
PROCEDURE FOR DUPLICATE CALL LETTERS FOR ATTENDING TEST:
Eligible candidates, who do not receive the written test call letter, may download the Duplicate Call Letter from our bank’s website www.canarabank.com by entering his / her details, between the following dates;
Dates for downloading Duplicate Test Call Letter
From 08.12.2010 to 12.12.2010
Candidate has to affix his / her photograph on the call letter. Candidate has to bring this call letter while attending the written test.
CALL LETTER FOR ATTENDING INTERVIEW:
The candidates who have been shortlisted for direct interview posts and the candidates who have qualified in the written test & ranked sufficiently high [as mentioned in Point No. 6] in case of test posts, will only be called for the Interview and their details and Interview Schedule will be made available in Bank’s website www.canarabank.com. Interview Call Letters shall be sent by ordinary post to the candidates who have qualified for interview. Alternatively the interview call letter can be downloaded from the Bank’s website.
Bank will not take responsibility for late receipt / non-receipt of call letter / any communication to the candidate. Hence candidates are requested to keep track of status of the recruitment process by visiting Bank’s website from time to time.
1. Candidates have to register on-line through Bank’s website only. No other means of applications shall be entertained.
2. Admission to the written test / calling for interview is purely provisional. Mere receipt of call letter for written test / interview does not imply that the Bank is satisfied about the candidate’s eligibility. Candidates should ensure their eligibility before paying the fees / applying / attending the written test / interview. Bank reserves right to reject ineligible candidate’s applications at any stage and the fee paid by ineligible candidates shall be forfeited.
3. The Application once made will not be allowed to be withdrawn and the fee once paid will not be refunded on any account nor would this fee be held in reserve for future examination / selection.
4. Applications which are incomplete in any respect will be rejected and the fee will be forfeited.
5. Candidates will have to appear for the written test and interview at their own expenses.
However, outstation SC/ST/Persons with Disabilities category candidates called for interview for JMGS-I posts will be paid II class to & fro train fare or actual expenses incurred, whichever is less, by shortest route on production of proof of travel. Outstation SC/ST/Persons with Disabilities category candidates called for interview for MMGS-II and above posts, will be paid I class to & fro train fare or actual expenses incurred, whichever is less, by shortest route on production of proof of travel.
The above concession will not be admissible to SC/ST/Persons with Disabilities category candidates who are already in service in Central / State Government, Corporations, Public Undertakings / Local Government, Institutions and Panchayats etc.
6. Candidates serving in Government / Public Sector Undertakings (including Banks) should send their application through proper channel. However, an advance copy of system generated print-out of registered application along with original payment challan and other relevant documents may be sent within the stipulated date. Such candidatesare required to produce a “No Objection certificate” from their employer at the time of interview, in the absence of which their candidature will not be considered.
7. Only candidates willing to serve anywhere in India should apply.
8. Decision of the Bank in all matters regarding eligibility of the candidate, the stages at which such scrutiny of eligibility is to be undertaken, the documents to be produced for the purpose of the conduct of interview, selection and any other matter relating to recruitment will be final and binding on the candidate. Further, the Bank reserves right to stall / cancel the recruitment partially / fully at any stage during the recruitment process at its discretion, which will be final and binding on the candidate.
9. No correspondence or personal enquires shall be entertained by the Bank.
10. Bank may, at its discretion, hold re-examination / re-interview wherever necessary in respect of a centre / venue / specified post or candidate/s.
11. Candidates belonging to SC / ST / OBC / Persons with Disabilities categories shall submit an attested copy of certificate issued by competent authority in the prescribed format as stipulated by Government of India. In case of candidates belonging to OBC category, certificate should specifically contain a clause that the candidate does not belong to creamy layer section excluded from the benefits of reservation for Other Backward Classes in Civil post & services under Government of India. OBC caste certificate should not be more than one year old.
THE COMPETENT AUTHORITY FOR THE ISSUE OF THE CERTIFICATE TO SC / ST / OBC / PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES IS AS UNDER:
I) For Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribes / Other Backward Classes: (i) District Magistrate / Additional District Magistrate / Collector / Deputy Commissioner / Additional Deputy Commissioner / Deputy Collector / First Class Stipendary Magistrate / City Magistrate / Sub-Divisional Magistrate (not below the rank of First Class Stipendary Magistrate) / Taluk Magistrate / Executive Magistrate / Extra Assistant Commissioner (ii) Chief Presidency Magistrate/ Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate/ Presidency Magistrate (iii) Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tahsildar (iv) Sub-divisional officer of the Area where the candidate and or his family normally resides.
II) For Persons with Disabilities: Authorised certifying authority will be the Medical Board at the District level consisting of Chief Medical Officer, Sub-Divisional Medical Officer in the District and an Orthopaedic / Ophthalmic / ENT Surgeon.
III) Prescribed Formats of SC, ST, OBC, PWD certificates can be downloaded from Bank’s website www.canarabank.com. Candidates belonging to these categories are required to produce the certificates strictly in these formats only.
12. An Ex-serviceman candidate has to produce a copy of the discharge certificate / pension payment order and documentary proof of rank last / presently held (substantive as well as acting) at the time of interview. Those who are still in defence service should submit a certificate from a competent authority that they will be relieved from defence services, on or before 30.09.2010.
13. Appointment of selected candidates is subject to his/her being declared medically fit as per the requirement of the Bank & receiving satisfactory report from referees and subject to service and conduct rules of the Bank.
14. Any resultant dispute arising out of this advertisement shall be subject to the sole jurisdiction of the Courts situated in Bangalore.
15. Canvassing in any form will be treated as disqualification.
16. The Bank / IBPS shall not be responsible for an application being rejected which is based on wrong information provided in any advertisement issued by an unauthorized person / institution.
17. In case any dispute arises on account of interpretation in versions other than English, English version will prevail.
18. No candidate is permitted to use Calculator, Cell Phone, Pager or any other instruments in the examination hall.
Candidates in their own interest are advised to register on-line and submit their applications well in time before the last date, to avoid the possibility of dis-connection / inability / failure to log on the Bank’s website on account of heavy load on internet / website jam/ postal delay. The Bank does not assume any responsibility for the candidates not being able to submit their applications within the last date on account of the aforesaid reasons or for any other reasons beyond the control of the Bank.
How to Apply
Download Payment Challan
For complete details visit bank website