Advt. No : R/5/2010
STANDING ADVERTISEMENT FOR FACULTY POSITION
IIT Bhubaneswar invites applications for faculty positions at the level of Professor, Associate Professor, Assistant Professor and Assistant Professor (on contractual basis) in the following five Schools:
Schools (Disciplines): School of Mechanical Sciences (Mechanical Engineering,
Manufacturing Engineering and Materials), School of Electrical Sciences (Electrical Engineering, Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering), School of Infrastructure (Civil Engineering), School of Basic Sciences (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Bioscience) and School of HSS & Management (English, Economics, Philosophy and Psychology).
Ph.D. with first class or equivalent in the preceding degree in appropriate branch with a very good academic record throughout and evidence of ability to pursue independent high quality research.
Professor: A minimum of 10 years teaching / research / industrial experience of which at least 4 years should be at the level of Associate Professor in IITs, IISc Bangalore, IIMs, NITIE Mumbai and IISERs or at an equivalent level in any such other Indian or foreign institutions of comparable standards.
Associate Professor: At least 6 years teaching / research / industrial experience of which at least 3 years should be at the level of Assistant Professor, Senior Scientific Officer /
Senior Design Engineer.
Assistant Professor: At least 3 years teaching / research / industrial experience
excluding, however, the experience gained while pursuing Ph.D. Assistant Professor (on contractual basis): May have less than 3 years teaching / research / industrial experience.
Pay Band : PB4: Rs. 37400 – Rs. 67000/-
Minimum Pay In the Payband: Rs. 48000/-
Academic Grade Pay : Rs. 10500/-
2) Associate Professor
Pay Band : PB4: Rs. 37400 – Rs. 67000/-
Minimum Pay In the Payband: Rs. 42800/-
Academic Grade Pay : Rs. 9500/-
3) Assistant Professor
Pay Band PB3: Rs. 15600 – Rs. 39100/-
On completion of 3 Yrs of
service shall move to
PB4: Rs. 37400 – Rs. 67000/-
Minimum Pay In the Payband : Rs. 30000/-
Academic Grade Pay
4) Assistant Professor (on contractual basis):
Pay Band : PB3: Rs. 15600 – Rs. 39100/-
Minimum Pay In the Payband : Rs. 20140/-
Academic Grade Pay : With less than or equal to one year experience: Rs. 6000
With more than one year experience: Rs.7000/-
In the above cases experience will be counted excluding that gained while pursuing Ph.D.
In addition to above pay, allowances as admissible to Central Government employees are applicable.
1. A cumulative Professional Development Allowance of Rs. 3 lakhs for every block period of 3 years on reimbursement basis to meet the expenses for attending international/national conferences, paying membership fees of professional bodies, covering book grant, paying telephone charges and meeting contingent expenses etc. as per Institute guidelines.
2. Initial seed grant up to Rs.5 lakhs for initiating research project in a chosen area.
3. Reimbursement of relocation charges at the time of joining up to a ceiling of Rs. 90,000/- as per Institute norm.
4. Honorarium of Rs. 15,000/- per month to the faculty members who have obtained Bhatnagar Award OR are Fellows of at least two National Academies. A faculty member is entitled for only one honorarium.
• Reservation for SC/ST/OBC/PH as per Government of India rules.
• Minimum requirement of experience may be relaxed in respect of outstanding
• Mere eligibility will not vest any right on any candidate for being called for interview. The decision of the Institute in all matters of selection will be final.
• The Institute reserves the right to call only the requisite number of candidates for interview after shortlisting in terms of the candidates’ qualification, suitability and experience.
• For the post of Assistant Professor the candidates should be preferably below 35 years of age
• Canvassing in any manner would entail disqualification of the candidature. NO INTERIM ENQUIRIES WILL BE ENTERTAINED.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates possessing the requisite qualification and experience may submit their application in the prescribed form either in hard-copy or by e-mail to the Assistant Registrar (A&E), Indian Institute of Technology Bhubaneswar, Samantapuri, Bhubaneswar - 751013 (email: email@example.com).
Application form can be downloaded from the Institute website (www.iitbbs.ac.in or www.iitbbs.gov.in).
Applicants desiring to apply for more than one School should send separate application for each School.
The candidates applying from Government Organizations or Public Sector Undertaking should have their applications duly forwarded by their present employer.
The candidates may apply any time throughout the year. The Institute will consider the applications at any date in the year received up to that date depending on its requirements and/or the quality of the applications. First round of selection process will start after 20th September, 2010.