GOVERNMENT OF JAMMU & KASHMIR
SHER-I-KASHMIR INSTITUE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES, SRINAGAR
Advertisement Notification No: 2 of 2010
Dated: August 04, 2010
Applications on prescribed form which can be had from the Office of Joint Director (Administration) Sher-I-Kashmir Institute of Medical Sciences, Soura, Srinagar (J&K) or downloaded from SKIMS web site www.skims.ac.in are invited from Indian Nationals for the position of Director at Sher-I-Kashmir Institute of Medical Sciences, Soura, Srinagar (J&K)
Method of recruitment for the post of Director:
1. Scale of Pay:
The post of Director shall carry a fixed pay of Rs. 80,000/- with NPA of 25% of pay (pay plus NPA shall not exceed Rs. 85,000/-)
2. Upper age Limit:
The age of the candidate should not exceed 60 years as on the last date of receipt of applications which shall not be subject to any relaxation.
3. Tenure of service:
The appointment of the candidate shall be made on tenure basis up to a maximum period of five years or till the appointee attains the age of 65 years whichever is earlier.
4. Essential Minimum qualification and experience:
A candidate shall be eligible to consideration for selection / appointment only if he/she possesses:-
a. A high postgraduate qualification in medicine or surgery or public health and their branches as specified by Medical Council of India for Teachers in Medical Institutions in its various schedules.
b. Teaching and research experience of not less than ten years; and
c. Experience of not less than 25 years in the profession; and
d. Extensive practical and administrative experience in the field of medical research, medical education, medical relief or public health organization and experience of running an important scientific medical education Institution as its Head or
Head of Department.
5. Appointing Authority:
The Governing Body of Sher-I-Kashmir Institute of Medical Sciences, (SKIMS) shall be the appointing authority for the post of Director.
6. Power of Relaxation: State Government.
A pdf writer that produces quality PDF files with ease!
Produce quality PDF files in seconds and preserve the integrity of your original documents. Compatible across nearly all Windows platforms, if you can print from a windows application you can use pdfMachine. Get yours now!
7. Procedure for Selection:
01. Recommendations made by a Government Department or any University or any other recognized autonomous or Statutory Institution in favour of an eligible candidate shall also be treated as applications. Applications and recommendations will contain the details of the candidates as may be specified in the advertisement.
02. The Selection Committee constituted by the Government for purposes of assessing the applying candidate, shall after receiving the applications / recommendations, examine the bio-data and other record of the candidates that may be available and assess each case on the basis of the following criteria:-
i. Academic Qualification;
ii. Teaching Experience;
iii. Research Experience; and
iv. Practical and Administrative Experience
03. After assessing the candidate on the basis of aforesaid criteria, the Selection Committee may call such candidate as it may deem necessary for a personal interaction to make further assessment of the candidate.
04. The Selection Committee shall, after completing the process of assessment prepare a panel of three candidates in order of merit which will be placed before the Governing Body for making Selection for the post of Director.
8. Last date for receipt of applications : October 30th 2010.
Joint Director, SKIMS &
Secretary to Government
SIMS 302 01 01/2010-2111
Dated : August 04 , 2010
Application Form Download