Experience Next Generation Banking
RECRUITMENT OF PROBATIONAY CLERKS: 2010-11
The South Indian Bank Ltd. invites applications from Indian nationals for filling up vacancies of CLERKS for branches in KERALA and TAMILNADU
Candidates are requested to apply ON-LINE through Bank’s website www.southindianbank.com. No other means/modes of applications will be accepted. Before the registration, candidates are requested to ensure that there is a valid email id in
System generated print-out of the applications submitted online should be duly signed and sent by ordinary post along with photo affixed thereon and other relevant documents to the address given below in this notification. Application fees can be paid in any branch of The South Indian Bank Ltd. No other means/modes of payment will be accepted.
Hall tickets and information hand out for the written examination can be down-loaded / printed from our web-site www.southindianbank.com from the date indicated below and will not be sent separately. Candidates are advised to use Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher version for the registration of applications and downloading / printing the hall tickets.
PLEASE READ THIS NOTIFICATION CAREFULLY BEFORE APPLYING.
a) IMPORTANT DATES:
Online registration – opening from 11.08.2010
Online registration – closure on 31.08.2010
Last date for remitting the application fees at any branch of The South Indian Bank Ltd. 02.09.2010
Last date for receipt of application(system generated) with photo and other documents 07.09.2010
Down-loading/Printing of hall tickets from 27.09.2010
Tentative date of written test 10.10.2010
b) NO. OF VACANCIES ESTIMATED: 200
Minimum Educational Qualification
Graduation from a recognized University having completed a regular 10+2+3 course securing at least 50% marks in Science Streams or 45 % marks in other streams. Candidates should be proficient in computer operations.
Age Not more than 26 years and not less than 20 years as on
31.08.2010.Upper age limit will be relaxed by five years in
the case of SC/ST candidates
d) APPLICATION FEES (non-refundable):
Application fees can be paid in any of the branches of The South Indian Bank Ltd. after producing the print out of the challan
form which will be generated after the successful registration of online application. The payment at the branches can be made
at any time after 2 hours from the online registration till the last date indicated above.
The candidate’s copy of the payment challan authenticated by the Bank Officials will have to be preserved and is to be produced
for verification, as and when called for.
e) PROBATION PERIOD AND CAREER PATH:
The period of probation is for 6 months. Confirmation shall be subject to satisfactory performance. A candidate joining the
service of the Bank as Pro.Clerk is eligible for promotion direct to Officer cadre after 2 years of active service.
allowance etc.For graduates, presently the approximate total starting
emoluments per month is Rs.13,500/-.
g) MODE OF SELECTION : Written Test and Interview
h) LIKELY CENTERS FOR WRITTEN TEST : Thrissur,Ernakulam,Thiruvananthapuram,Kozhikode,Chennai,Coimbatore
i) GENERAL CONDITIONS:
1. Candidates willing to serve anywhere in India only need apply.
2. System generated print out of the applications submitted online (Passport-size photograph pasted thereon) should be accompanied by self-attested copies of following mark lists and certificates to prove the age and qualifications.
APPLICATIONS NOT ACCOMPANIED BY SELF ATTESTED COPIES OF ALL MARK LISTS AND CERTIFICATES TO PROVE QUALIFICATION AND AGE WOULD BE REJECTED.
3. Upper age limit will be relaxed by five years in the case of SC/ST candidates. Candidates belonging to SC/ST should submit attested copies of certificates from a competent authority to prove their status in this regard.
4. Candidates are advised to retain two copies of the same photograph, which was used in the application, for use at the time of written test and interview.
5. Mere eligibility will not vest any right / entitlement on the candidate for being called for written test / interview. In matters regarding eligibility and selection, Bank’s decision will be final and no correspondence will be entertained.
6. NO CHANGE IN THE CHOICE OF EXAMINATION CENTER WILL BE ENTERTAINED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.
7. Candidates are not permitted to use calculator, mobile phones or any other gadgets of such kind inside the examination hall.
8. Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
9. If the information furnished by the candidate is found to be false at a later date, the selection / appointment shall be liable for termination.
j) STEPS FOR ON-LINE REGISTRATION AND APPLYING:
1) Ensure that the applicant fulfills all the eligibility criteria.
2) Apply online through Bank’s website www.southindianbank.com after going through the instructions. The applicants are requested to ensure that the information filled in each page of the Online- Application Form is correct before submitting and moving on to the next page. Candidates making multiple registrations will be disqualified.
3) Please note the system generated User Id (Application Ref. Id) and enter your password to login and print the application form and the challan form generated. PLEASE NOTE THE USER ID (APPLICATION REF. ID) AND PASSWORD CAREFULLY FOR REPRINTING THE APPLICATION. Keep a copy of the application form for future reference. An e-mail containing the details of registration will be send to the e-mail Id given by the candidate.
4) Use the challan form and remit the application fees in any of the branches of the The South Indian Bank Ltd. Please keep the candidate copy of the challan form for future reference. Please note that hall tickets for the written examination will be generated for only those candidates who remit the application fees.
5) On the application print out, paste a photo-graph, duly sign it and send it to the address given below along with relevant documents to prove age and qualifications.
6) Please submit the application in an envelope super scribed as “Application for the post of pro.clerks -Kerala and Tamilnadu – Application ref ID - ……(please fill in)……..” and send to “Asst.General Manager (Personnel), The South Indian Bank Ltd., Head Office, SIB House, Mission Quarters,Thrissur-680 001,Kerala” along with self attested copies of mark lists and certificates to prove qualification and age.
DO’s and DONT’s
√ Write the Application ref. ID on the envelope containing the application print out
√ Keep a copy of the application print –out, candidate copy of challan form etc for future reference.
√ Staple the application print out along with the relevant self attested copies of certificates and mark lists to prove age and qualifications. If the consolidated marks of all semesters/years are available in the final mark list, attach only the copy of final mark list.
X Do not send the candidate copy of the challan along with application print out and copies of certificates/mark lists.
THE ACCESS TO THE BANK’S WEBSITE COULD BE DELAYED TOWARDS THE CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMITTING THE ONLINE REGISTRATION DUE TO HEAVY INTERNET TRAFFIC.SO THE CANDIDATES ARE ADVISED TO AVOID LAST MINUTE RUSH AND MAKE USE OF THE TIME SPAN AVAILABLE FOR SUBMITTING THE APPLICATONS ONLINE. THE BANK DOES NOT ASSUME ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE CANDIDATE NOT BEING ABLE TO SUBMIT HIS/HER APPLICATION DUE TO NON-AVAILIBILITY OF INTRENET OR ANY OTHER REASON BEYOND THE CONTROL OF THE BANK.
If there are any problems while registration of application, down loading printing the hall tickets etc the candidates are advised to contact in the following number: +91 9446451011
For all other queries please contact:
Our Toll Free Customer Care Number is 1800 843 1800 (Toll Free India)
Application Form Download