Railway Recruitment Cell,
DRM's Office Compound,
Recruitment for Group D Posts in pay band-1 of Rs. 5200-20200 with Grade pay of Rs. 1800/-
RECRUITMENT AGAINST GROUP 'D' POSTS
Employment Notice No.2/2010
1. It is proposed to fill up about 2,630 vacancies on South Western Railwayand Rail Wheel Factory/Yelahanka from open market in Pay Band-1 of Rs 5,200-20,200 having Grade Pay of Rs.1, 800 (erstwhile Group ‘D’ posts).These vacancies are inclusive of vacancies against Physically Handicapped (PH) quota.
2. The minimum educational qualification will be 10th pass or ITI or equivalent.
3. Maximum Age Limit:
For UR candidates: 33 years
For OBC candidates: 36 years
For SC/ST candidates: 38 years
Other age relaxations for Ex-servicemen and serving Railway employees will be applicable as per extant rules.
4. The selection will consist of Physical Efficiency Test (PET). Those found fit in the PET will have to appear in a WRITTEN EXAMINATION. The written examination can be attempted in vernacular languages spoken in the jurisdiction of South Western Railway in addition to English, Hindi and Urdu. For PH quota candidates, there will be no PET. PH quota candidates have to appear in the written examination along with general group ‘D’ recruitment candidates.
5. Those candidates who had applied earlier in response to Railway Recruitment Cell, Hubli’s Employment Notice No.01/2007 dated 21.07.2007 for filling up 4701 Group ‘D’ vacancies (with minimum educational qualification of 8th Pass) also need to apply if they wish to be considered for recruitment under this notification.
6. The PET and WRITTEN EXAMINATION will be held simultaneously during the same period/days by all the Zonal Railways
7. The detailed notification containing no.of vacancies, categories etc. and application form will be notified on 22.12.10 in local newspapers (over Karnataka) and in Employment News/Rozgar Samachar on 08.01.2011. Details will also be available on SWR’s website www.swr.indianrailways.gov.in on 22.12.10. Applications will be received only after 22.12.10.
Dy. Chief Personnel Officer/Recruitment
South Western Railway
Hubli - 580 020
For Recruitment Notification visit website
About The South Western Railway
The South Western Railway is one of the 16 railway zones in India. It is headquartered at Hubli and comprises Bangalore and Mysore divisions of the erstwhile Southern Railway and reorganized Hubli division of the erstwhile South Central Railway including Hospet-Bellary. It came into existence on April 1, 2003. Important trains operated by this division are the Karnataka Express (Bangalore – New Delhi), the Rani Chennamma Express (Bangalore – Kolhapur via Hubli-Dharwar), the Lalbagh Express (Bangalore – Chennai), the Udyan Express (Bangalore – Mumbai) and the Shatabdi Express (Bangalore – Chennai).
South Western Railway (IR Code:-SWR), one of 17 new railway zones on Indian Railways, was created by carving Hubli division of South Central Railway (IR code:-SCR) and Bangalore and Mysore divisions of the Southern Railway at the beginning of 2004 with its headquarters at Hubli, with Bangalore, Mysore and Hubli operational divisions. It caters services to Karnataka, Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh, Goa and parts of Tamil Nadu.
Tags: South Western Railway SWR Railway Recruitment Cell RRC South Western Railway Group D Posts Recruitment 2010 SWR RRC South Western Railway Recruitment 2010-2011 Group D Posts Railway Recruitment Cell Group D Posts Application form download application date dates last date for application submission website link links swr recruitment 2010 2011 rrc recruitment 2010 exam centre center centers centres written exam written examination Physical Efficiency Test (PET) test date exam date how to apply for whai ts the last date where to apply details info information result results call letter admit card