|Subscribe to Free Jobs Notification|
|Visit this group|
Sunday, April 3, 2011
BIT Mesra MCA Entrance Exam Online Application Form 2011 Date
Mesra, Ranchi- 835215
ADMISSION NOTIFICATION FOR MCA PROGRAMME 2011
Applications are invited for admission to the full-time MCA programme 2011-2014, at Mesra and our Extension Centres at Allahabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lalpur and Noida.
Please see our website for MCA 2011 Information Brochure and details of eligibility, application procedures, syllabus of Entrance Test, fees, Online Application Form and addresses of Centres.
Instructions for filling the Online Application Form
1. You are advised to read the eligibility conditions for admission to the programme (Sec 5) and other requirements (our advertisement / web notification, Instructions and other details) and satisfy yourself that you fulfill all the eligibility conditions before filling and submitting your application form.
2. Clearly fill all items that are relevant to you in capital letters or numbers or select the check box / radio button as required. Certain items are mandatory and must be filled in. Else the form may be rejected when it is processed.
3. To apply for the programme, eligible candidates must complete the online application form on our website and send a printout of the completed form along with two recent colour photographs, photocopies of all marksheets and certificates (see List of Enclosures below), and a crossed Demand Draft for Rs. 1,600/- in favour of Birla Institute of Technology, payable at Ranchi, in a stout A4 size envelope by Speedpost / Registered Post / reliable courier to the office of Dean Admissions, Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi – 835215 positively by the due date. Write “Application for MCA 2011 on top of the envelope”. Applications reaching us after the due date are liable to be rejected / may not be processed.
4. You can use the Online Application Form to apply for the MCA programme of the Institute at any 1 or any 2 or any 3 or any 4 or any 5 or all 6 choices of Place for Study (Centre), by clicking the appropriate check box against the names of the Centres. However, you must select ALL your choices before you finally submit the form online and print the same, so that all your choices will be saved in the database. Please do not make any corrections or add any Choices of Centre by hand on the printout of the form, as these will not be saved to the database. However, you may enter the DD details by hand on the printout, if the same have not been entered online.
5. Please do not print a blank form and fill it by hand as this will not be accepted.
6. Please ensure that all information provided is correct and accurate. Admission on false information will be ipso facto null and void.
7. After filling in the complete form, you will be prompted to “Confirm and Save” or “Edit Details” after you click the submit button. Please ensure that all fields are correctly filled in before you finally click on the “Confirm and Save” button. Take a printout when prompted. Note: Once you click on the “Confirm and Save” button, the Form is set to read only. You may however return to the form to view or print it again.
8. Do not fold, tear or mutilate the print out of the form in any way.
9. A recent colour photograph of good quality must be pasted firmly in the box provided. If required cut the photograph to fit in the box. Do not get the photograph attested. Do not pin or staple the photograph to the form. Please sign with a black ball pen in the boxed space below your photograph.
Important: Attach one extra photograph to the form using a clean paper clip. Write your Name, Form No, and “MCA 2011”, on the back of the second photo.
10. Enclosures required along with completed form: See List of Enclosures below
11. All candidates belonging to the SC, ST, or OBC categories must obtain caste certificates which should be in proper format, and which should be signed by appropriate authority of rank not less than SDO. They must enclose photocopy of the same. (Note: However the final reservation proportion will depend on notification, if any, issued by competent authority and as accepted by the Institute).
12. Candidates belonging to other special categories mentioned in Sec 8 (Physically Handicapped / Ward of defence personnel killed or disabled in service / National level sportsperson / Current student of BIT / Ward of BIT employee) must provide photocopy of certificate in proper format from appropriate authority.
13. Do not enclose any original certificates with your application.
14. While filling the form please note the following:
a) Name: Type your name as in your Class 10 certificate, First Name, Middle Name(s) and Surname. If space is insufficient, use initials for middle name(s). Do not use any titles, such as Mr. / Miss / etc.
b) State of Eligibility: Select the code Jharkhand if you are appearing for / have passed the qualifying graduate examination from the state of Jharkhand. Else select code Non- Jharkhand (see Sec 8).
c) Caste: Click the appropriate radio button. Select State from the dropdown list only if you belong to the OBC category. (See also instruction 11).
d) Other Category: Click the appropriate radio buttons (See also instruction 12).
e) Choices of Place for Study: Candidates must exercise ALL their Choices online before clicking the “Confirm & Save” button to take a printout of the form.
f) Choices of Online Test Centre: Select first and second choice of Online Test Centre from the list of Test Centres, and please see footnote in “Online Entrance Test for MCA 2011”
g) Preferences of Dates for Test: Select first and second preference of date, and please see footnote in “Online Entrance Test for MCA 2011”
h) Choice of Counselling Centre: Select any ONE
15. Educational Record:
a) Percentage Marks in Class 10: Calculate as mentioned under eligibility criteria
b) Percentage Marks in Class 12: Calculate as mentioned under eligibility criteria
c) Percentage Marks in Graduation: Calculate as mentioned under eligibility criteria
d) Appearing Candidates: Calculate percentage of marks as mentioned under
eligibility criteria based on latest available grades / marks
e) No. of attempts: If you are appearing for final examinations of the qualifying examination in 2011, fill “APP”. Else 1 if passed in one attempt, 2 if in two attempts, etc.
f) Subjects: Use abbreviations - Phys, Math, Stat, Eng, Eco, etc
g) Certificates: See also instructions 10, 11 and 12 above.
16. Complete Postal Address: Type clearly in capital letters, provide pincode, STD code and telephone number, and mobile number
17. DD Details: May be filled online (if DD purchased earlier) or entered by hand in printout.
18. Declaration and Undertakings: The candidate must sign the declaration, and also the undertaking after reading them. A parent or legal guardian should sign the second undertaking.
19. The Admissions Office may not undertake detailed scrutiny of applications before counselling, and all shortlisted applicants called for counselling, except those whose applications are summarily rejected, are allowed to appear at counselling on purely provisional basis, subject to their eligibility being verified at the time of counselling. Merely being allowed to appear at the counselling will not be considered as a ground for being eligible for admission.
For details visit:
About BIT Mesra
Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra (popularly known as BIT Mesra) is an autonomous engineering and technology oriented institute of higher education located in Ranchi, Jharkhand, India. It is a Deemed University under section 3 of the Universtiy Grants Commission Act, 1956.
In addition to Mesra (Ranchi), BIT has extension centres in Lalpur (Ranchi), Allahabad, Kolkata, Noida, Jaipur, Chennai, Patna and Deoghar, and overseas extension centres in Bahrain, Muscat (Oman), Ras al-Khaimah (UAE) and Mauritius.
The Birla Institute of Technology was established in 1955 at Mesra, Ranchi, by the philanthropist and industrialist B. M. Birla. The institute was affiliated to Patna University until 1960 and then to Ranchi University. BIT was declared a deemed university in 1986 under section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 under notification No. F. 9-2/83-U.3 of August 28, 1986.
Tags: BIT Mesra Birla Institute of Technology Instructions for filling the Online Application Form BIT Mesra Online Application Form link date counselling date counseling date BIT Mesra Counselling Centre BIT Mesra MCA Admission 2011 notification 2011 application date last date for application form submission BIT Mesra mca entrance exam 2011 BIT Mesra online entrance test 2011 date form